Wearable Android App Solutions
Android wear represent a series of small yet powerful devices worn on the body. They give you useful information and also provide intelligent answers to your questions. They act as tools that help you reach your fitness goals. In short, they are your key to the multi-screen world.
Android wear extends the Android platform to a new generation of devices. They offer a user experience that is designed specifically for wearables.
- Get glanceable, actionable information with notifications that are synced from your hand-held device.
- Just say “ok Google” to send messages, ask questions and get other things done.
- It is able to access a wide range of sensors and other details from the Apps. For example – The number of steps you took in a particular day.
At Queppelin, we develop Apps for Android wear. The Android wear API’s are delivered in the Android support library and Google Play services. When using these libraries, hand-held devices running on Android 4.3 or later can communicate with the wearables.
While designing Android wear Apps, we take care of the following points –
- Synced notifications – Notification from hand-held are supposed to automatically sync with the wearables. Hence, the Apps are designed keeping both the devices in the mind.
- Voice actions – The Apps are registered for voice actions like “Ok Google, open Soundcloud”, in order to provide a hand-free experience.
- Custom experiences – We create custom experiences with activities, services, sensors and much more with the Android SDK.
- Sending data – With the help of data replication API’s and RPC’s data and actions between hand-held devices and wearables is exchanged.