.NET is a software framework that has been developed by Microsoft and runs primarily on Microsoft Windows. It has a large class library and it also provides language interoperability, which means that each language can use code written in other languages. Apart from the Microsoft websites, many famous websites like Walmart, Godaddy, Dell etc. also use .NET.
Features of .NET –
- .NET framework significantly decreases the quantity of code necessary in large web applications.
- Applications developed in .NET are secure as windows confirmation and configuration can be attained for each application.
- It provides server control and blueprints with capability of drag and drop and involuntary operation.
- Changes can be done easily in .NET development as HTML code and source code are separated.
- This platform is language independent.