While the shift to digital commerce has reshaped buying habits, the majority of jewelry sales are still conducted in retail stores. In these changing times, people mostly prefer shopping online. Then why do consumers still choose to buy jewelry in-store?
Buying Jewelry In-Store v/s Online
There are many factors that lead to this. To begin with, jewelry is more than a piece of luxury. It is usually bought to commemorate a special moment such as a birthday or anniversary. Because of the occasion’s significance, buyers spend much time making sure the product is correct, discussing it with the sales associate, and of course, looking for many options before making a final decision.
We prefer to analyze jewelry before buying it which is impossible to do during online shopping, making many people biased toward buying it in-store.
Clearly, it is the lack of immersive experience during online jewelry shopping that leads consumers to buy it in-store.
So you might wonder what Augmented Reality is
Augmented Reality (AR) overlays 2D or 3D elements onto the real world in real-time using a device’s camera in a way that makes those elements appear to inhibit the real world.
AR is all around us nowadays. Be it trying on virtual clothes on an eCommerce shopping site to playing games like Pokemon Go, we’ve all experienced AR in one way or another.
Elevating the Jewelry Shopping Experience with AR
Now that we know why consumers prefer buying jewelry in-store rather than online, let’s take a deeper look at how this issue can be mended.
One of the best tried and tested methods to increase and promote online jewelry shopping has been the inclusion of Augmented Reality during online shopping. AR technology has revolutionized online jewelry shopping. It has given customers the chance to completely immerse themselves in the jewelry-trying process just as if they were in a store.
Buying from the store leaves the buyers with a limited number of designs and options to choose from. In contrast, online jewelry shopping solves the problems of time constraints, logistics, and offers various choices to help to make an informed decision.
This concept is as simple as it sounds.
Just turn on the camera and click the “link” button on the product website. A 3D model of the item will be displayed on the device’s screen. Users can do a lot more with their virtual jewelry than just try it on visually. They can adjust, pinch to resize, drag, drop, etc
Try Jewelry Ar Experience now by clicking on the link below or just scan the QR code
AR Technology can scan and detect the hands, ears, neck, etc., where the virtual piece of Jewelry can be placed to see how it looks there.
Top AR Development Platforms to simplify AR Creation for your Business
With the gaining popularity of AR, more and more platforms are emerging every day to help businesses create AR Experiences in lesser time than ever before
are a few such examples. Let’s take a brief look at one of these platforms, Vossle, that we have used to deliver some recent AR Projects.
Vossle is a no-code AR platform that helps businesses create interactive AR Experiences. One of Vossle’s most impressive features is the Virtual Tryon. Users can test out virtual items including jewelry, apparel, footwear, etc.
A URL or QR code can be used to access the AR filter. The camera will open up with the AR Tryon filter overlaid on it. Point the camera towards whoever wishes to try on the item before deciding to buy it (Try-before-you-buy).
Anyone can start for free and create an instant AR experience with Vossle. It does not require users to install any apps nor do they need to perform coding, hence making it a very user-friendly platform.
Use Case of Augmented Reality in the Jewelry Industry
Queppelin helped Titan’s Tanishq launch World’s First Jewelry Try-On in the Metaverse
Tanishq, the largest jewelry retailer in India, partnered with Queppelin to introduce its most recent jewelry collection through a metaverse conference.
The team accomplished the feat of developing the 3D Virtual Try-On for each piece of jewelry in the collection. Vossle’s Tryon feature allowed visitors to wear the virtual 3D replica of Tanishq’s new Polki Jewelry collection.
Vossle team accomplished the feat of developing the 3D Virtual Try-On for each piece of jewelry in the collection. This feature allowed visitors to wear the virtual 3D replica of Tanishq’s new Polki Jewelry collection.
It gave users a clear idea of how a particular piece of jewelry would look once worn in reality. They just had to scan the code next to the jewelry in the metaverse. The link will open to an AR filter for the front camera of their smartphone showing the virtual jewelry on the user’s reflection on the screen.
This virtual event was a resounding hit as it combined AR and Metaverse components to give its audience an amazing, immersive experience from the comfort of their homes.
Jewelry Companies can thrive with Augmented Reality
- Improves consumer interaction: Customers are more likely to buy a product if the app has AR features.
72% of people said they bought products they didn’t plan on due to the impact of AR.
- Increases buyer confidence: AR helps customers make confident buying decisions, resulting in increased satisfaction and strong customer loyalty.
71% of buyers say they would shop more often if they used AR.
- Higher conversion rates: With AR, people are better able to evaluate products and connect with brands which ultimately results in a purchase.
94% of customers who interact with AR experiences purchase the product.
- Buyers willing to pay more: Nearly three out of four consumers say they would view and pay more for a product they can explore with AR.
40% of consumers are willing to spend more on products they can preview via AR.
- Fosters brand loyalty: AR helps companies build a strong brand and retain customers again.
70% of customers are anticipated to be more loyal to brands that use AR in their shopping process.
Implementing Augmented Reality in Jewelry Industry is a win-win for all
Benefits of AR for Retailers
- Reduces the need for Jewelry stores to maintain large inventories as they can offer a wide selection of virtual jewelry and experiment with new designs without having to actually manufacture them beforehand.
- Hundreds of people can try the same product (or Jewelry) at the same time without having to wait for their turn, as one does in a store.
- Speeds up buying process than in-store since online checkout is a lot quicker and also preferred by most.
- Minimalizes the fear of theft of Jewelry from stores which is a huge problem for Jewelry stores.
- Easier to announce new Jewelry collections.
- Implementation of next-gen technologies is instant press-worthy news that the marketing team can utilize to further spread the news about new or premium Jewelry collections.
- Allows testing of new products and Jewelry designs.
- Prevents the risk of product failure.
- A unique way to attract more buyers.
- Move ahead of the competition and create a future-proof business.
Benefits of AR for Buyers
- The younger generation prefers to shop online and wants businesses to provide them with a personalized and immersive experience. Good experiences tend to result in repeat purchases.
- When shoppers have a good immersive purchase experience they spread positive word of mouth in their private social groups as well as share their experience publicly on various social media platforms.
- AR saves a lot of time for the buyer as they don’t have to visit the store. Also, they don’t need to deal with the salesperson (which based on a study the younger generation tends to avoid.)
- AR Visualization allows buyers to explore more options than in-store. In most cases, the buyer ends up spending more than they had initially planned for.
- AR Visualization of the Jewelry collection enables users to try the products before they buy them.
Retail is changing and so is the Shopper’s buying behavior
- Almost 40% of the shoppers would be happy to pay more for a product if they could get an AR experience while shopping.
- Approximately 71% of the shoppers would like to shop at retail shops if they could get AR experience there.
- Brands get more loyal shoppers if they are incorporating AR. Also, customers feel more satisfied after making a purchase.
Future of AR in the Jewelry Industry
Currently, tens of thousands of AR experiences are being used every day and more than 1B people worldwide use AR.
Shopping, designing, or production- AR in the Jewelry Industry is challenging the status quo and is hence growing popular each day.
It is only a matter of time before online shopping is completely elevated through AR, especially for buying precious articles such as jewelry.
The pandemic made it apparent that people want convenient, frictionless, and distinctive purchasing experiences. Brands must be proactive in embracing new technological developments and integrating them smoothly to keep their customers satisfied and elevate their shopping experience.
Now is the perfect time for brands to integrate immersive technologies like AR to stand out and we, here at Queppelin, are here to cater to your AR needs!