E-Commerce portal development company in india
A web portal or simply portal is a customized website that immerses information from a wide array of sources in a consistent and uniformed manner. For example – web portals are available in the form of dashboards for the employees of a particular company. It is a private location on the internet and is accessible with a unique URL, and unique username and password.
There are various types of web portals depending upon the usage and content restrictions. Some of them are-
- Government and federal portals.
- Corporate and enterprise portals.
- Cultural and trade portals.
- Stock and financial portals.
- Search portals.
- Tender and bidding portals
- Domain specific portals
The unique features of a portal include the following-
- Personal login is required.
- Only portal members can see the content.
- Content is placed according to the requirement off the end user.
- It is a secure access point for personalized information.
- It has communication features with other portal members and even groups.
- It offers interactive functionality for portal site members.
At Queppelin we take care of the following things during web portal development-
- Cross browser compatibility.
- Seamless updates and patches.
- Friendly error messages and proper exception handling.
To ensure the security of the portal, we undertake the following steps-
- Prevention of SQL injections and intrusions.
- Password encryption.
- Two factor authentication.
- SSL/HTTPS for secure login.
- Avoiding cross site scripting.
- Software patches.